If you would like to set up a photography session, or have any questions, contact me via email: betsy@betsyjophotography.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Alone: (adj) separate, apart, or isolated from others

When Paul and I realized that my spring break and his weekday off coincided, we decided to get away to New York City, to see the sights, taste the food, and visit Ellis Island- sans children.

Well, about a week before leaving, we realized that for the price of one night and two days in the city, we could be gone up north for 2 nights and 3 days, and have a more relaxing time. So, off to New Hampshire we went. Regrets? Absolutely not.


We had a wonderful little trip, taking long walks along the beautiful roads, in view of Mt. Washington-




Visiting the home of a man who stole my heart with his words... (He's long gone, don't worry.) I couldn't help but feel awe as I walked on the front porch; to think he walked these same steps! (I know, complete nerd.)



I realize why Frost found so much clarity in New Hampshire- the landscape is rugged and beautiful, full of evergreens and birches.

The view from Frost's porch-- Wouldn't you be inspired to write poetry, too, if this was what you saw as you stepped out of your house each morning?-





Eating delicious food at the Sugar Hill Inn-

Why is it, when one desires a break, that a highlight is coming back home to reality? (Maybe because life is good and reality involves these 3?)
I warned Connor that he may have to wear this shirt each day that his attitude is sour- a good reminder!

And when did this happen, that our 9 year old boy thought he was cool by posing like a complete twerp?! Love him anyway...

Excerpt from one of my many favorites from Frost:

"Earth's the right place for love:
I don't know where it's likely to go better.
I'd like to go by climbing a birch tree-
And climb black branches up a snow-white trunk
Toward heaven, till the tree could bear no more,
But dipped its top and set me down again.
That would be good both going and coming back.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches."

-Robert Frost, beloved American poet, winner of 3 Pulitzer Prizes for poetry
(1874-1963)

No comments:

Post a Comment