If you would like to set up a photography session, or have any questions, contact me via email: betsy@betsyjophotography.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New: coming or occurring afresh; further; additional, fresh.

This was such a sweet little session with a new, beautiful baby boy. Little Raymond was so placid and calm, and just plain went along with whatever idea we had! His Mom and Dad were great, willing to go to these funky little spots that I saw as potential backdrops.

We visited Hickory Ridge Tree Farm in Coventry, CT. Owners Billie and Bob were so kind and accommodating, happy that we were using their farm as a location for fabulous photos. The view from the top of the hill was amazing, and well worth the trek up!
Some of my favorites:

Raymond has such blue, blue eyes-



I'm liking this one- the horizon, the cloud break, the leading lines, the dog, and little Ray peeking over Mommy's shoulder-


Can't forget their awesome dog, Woofa:


Ack. Love this one:


Eyelash debut:


Yellow flowers make me happy. Yellow flowers with a baby near? Um, way better!






So Bob, one of the farm owners, thought we should take a picture near one of the young trees, for Jim and Ellen to show Ray as it grows-- that he was only 3 mo. old when this tree was a tiny plant. I think Bob had a good idea:


Sweetness itself.


I like how they were both looking at Ellen when I grabbed this shot:



Thanks again for welcoming me, Ellen and Jim, and having me photograph memories of your sweet family!


"If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle."


-Vincent Van Gogh, Dutch artist (1853-1890)

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 24, 2009

    Betsy.. you certainly have a talent! I *love* these! I can't wait for July when we do the big group. ~Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 25, 2009

    Awesome, Awesome, Awesome! Great photos and an absolutely beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete