If you would like to set up a photography session, or have any questions, contact me via email: betsy@betsyjophotography.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Family: (n) a group of related things or people.

*Lots of posts below- very busy with photo journal entries...*

Sometimes I get to do things that remind me just how fortunate I am. That was the case throughout my trip to Illinois. So many opportunities to meet new people and rekindle friendships with those I've known since I was just a very young girl. Such was the case with this whole crew. I remember in my teenage years spending all sorts of time with Melanie before she moved out West. I can remember times up at the Cape with family, staying at Uncle Al and Aunt Gladys' house, digging for clams down on the bay, and going barefoot all week long. It was easy to photograph all of them for this shoot; I've known them all my life, and felt very comfortable. It was good to see Don & Sandy's family again now that they live in IL, and be able to document some memories in photographs.

Of course, we have to start with the grand kids:




Watching the paddle-boats:







I love how this photo below almost has a 'Cape Cod' feel to it, even though it's in Central IL! :) (Thanks Jim and Sandra, for the use of your property!)


Love this one of Todd- so typical of his happy nature:


Don't know why, but I love this set up:






Um, all I can think of is Christmas picture...? I like how everyone's interacting and totally ignoring me here:



Thanks Don & Sandy and family! It was good to see you all again!


"Time has been transformed, and we have changed; it has advanced and set us in motion; it has unveiled its face, inspiring us with bewilderment and exhilaration."

-K. Gibran

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 17, 2009

    Great Family photos Uncle Don and Aunt Sandy!!
    Nice to see you all!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 17, 2009

    Ooh, the last image is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 17, 2009

    Thanks again for working with us, Betsy! It was a fun time. You did a great job in working with us ~ especially those of us that are so totally unphotogenic! It was a work of art just watching you in action.
    Thanks for the comment, Katie ~ I loved the photos of you guys too!!! :^) Talent runs deep in your family! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 18, 2009

    I love the pictures of you all U. Don & A. Sandy and family. Great poses and nice smiles! Nice to see you all.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete