If you would like to set up a photography session, or have any questions, contact me via email: betsy@betsyjophotography.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Growth (n.) the act or process, or a manner of growing; development; gradual increase.

This little boy has my heart, so I'll warn you that this post may get long. I love being with him-- he's always happy and those blue eyes take you right in. This is my little buddy, the son of my husband's brother and his lovely wife. He's such a little trooper. This first year of his life has been busy with therapies and surgeries, and lots of brave visits to doctors. He's come so far, and is doing so well since his multiple cleft palate surgeries. I'm so proud of his tenacity and little man courage. He's such a good, happy baby. (I know he's almost one, but he's still a baby in my eyes...) Gavin D, we love you. Happy soon-to-be-birthday, buddy!

I'm going to start off with his jammy pictures, and then move on to his yummy cake-smashing. We had a busy time grabbing some first year images and family Christmas pictures. Truth be told, I was sick the day of Gavin's shoot, and couldn't even give this guy a smooch. I had to check myself a few times, not to go too close to him. This is part one of two, as there are some more family pictures to show when I have more time, when I feel better and when finals are over... :)

Here's Mr. Blue Eyes himself. Enjoy:









































And just a little look at what's coming up:



"Boys do not grow up gradually. They move forward in spurts like the hands of clocks in railway stations."


-- Cyril Connolly

10 comments:

  1. What a cute lil munchkin :) I can’t wait to see the other photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aawww, warms the heart! His blue eyes are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweety!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful eyes!! and i LOVE the cake part!!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa. that last pic is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought those were Gavin piggies the other day. What a cutie! ~Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were right, Ellen! Isn't he a sweetheart? :)

    Hope you and Jim and Ray have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and so funny. I loved the cake part. He is so close in age to Anderson and it is so cute to see the same actions in another little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! The cake ones are amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those Christmas lights in the background!

    ReplyDelete