If you would like to set up a photography session, or have any questions, contact me via email: betsy@betsyjophotography.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Result: (n) a desirable or beneficial consequence, outcome, or effect.

The long awaited results for the contest are in, but first I'll share the photos of the 'secret shoot spot'.

I was talking to a fellow photographer friend recently and told her I was doing a family session, but I was stumped for a great location. She recommended this area as one of her favorite spots. (Thanks, Heids!) So I went to check it out beforehand, and grabbed some quick pictures to email Shannon to see if she was game. And, obviously, she was! I really like the doors, the stones and columns- so European-looking.


This door handle/knocker intrigues me, and makes me wonder about all sorts of things-- is it original? Was it used often, or is it distressed just from years of sun and rain and wind? Who made it? Where did it come from? And most of all, who desecrated the thing by putting a shiny metal screw next to its lock?! You know, important things like that. I guess I could admit that I do like the juxtaposition of old and new, shiny and worn, black and silver. Which I do. A little bit. But not enough to not feel irritated that 'someone', whoever they may be, didn't put a little more effort in finding a black screw as to not disrupt the continuity. -- Which makes me think of this quote from one of the most eloquent, dearest of authors:

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?"
-Lucy Maud Montgomery, the finest Canadian authoress. (Yes, that's my description.)


Oh, and the answer? This is a sweet little chapel located in Grove Hill Cemetery. Yes, I know. A little out of the box. But, then again, so am I. And that's why I like it. Congratulations to Heidi V. for 2 reasons: 1) She was the first one to guess correctly and 2) Her name was drawn from 3 correct answers. Your gift card should arrive from Target.com in 3-5 days, Heidi. Thanks to all who left comments! You'll get another chance someday....

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Congrats Heidi - buy something for the new one with your Target GC lol!

    ReplyDelete