If you would like to set up a photography session, or have any questions, contact me via email: betsy@betsyjophotography.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hope: (n) the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best



This picture makes me happy for a lot of reasons, but mostly because right now it's snowing and about 20 degrees outside. Not my favorite time of year, so when my little sister told me she grew grass in cute pots for centerpieces, I had to snap a quick picture. Now I'm hoping she has one left to give me, since I know she reads my blog. (Hi, Colleen!) I. Need. Spring. This will have to do for now, I guess.

This post isn't only about 'hope' for warmer weather and green grass. I am full of hope tonight because tomorrow I will be attending the 'Spread the Love Workshop' in Hartford. Put on by famous photographers Justin & Mary Marantz, the Workshop is an all-day affair for photographers (and others) who are prepared to learn from the Marantzs' extraordinary experiences. I am hoping to soak in all that I can, and come home brimming with dreams and ideas! (Well, Paul says I'm almost always dreaming, but... so be it ;)

I will be posting about the workshop experience- along with some photos, of course!

"The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
-Allan K. Chalmers; mentor to MLK, Jr., member of NAACP (1897-1972)
ct wedding photographer newborn photographer ct maternity photos newborn photography pregnancy photos engagement photos family portrait photographer wedding photos

6 comments:

  1. Betz,
    There are still 3 left. You are welcome to one, I was going to see if you would like one! I mowed them on Monday so you should be okay for a week or so! Have fun today!
    Collerslean

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost time to start planting lettuce and starting seeds inside. I can't wait to have a "garden" on my patio this year. One thing I miss about a real house instead of a condo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sisters are so cute and fun!!! I wish i was as interested in growing things as the rest of you are. Maybe they got me switched at the hospital who knows :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope you're having an AWESOME time at spread the love. i hope i can make it to one of the events this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Coll! :) I was just ribbing you, but I won't refuse one, either...
    Kara: You live close enough; you can share our garden!
    Minna: I don't think you were switched, somehow. Remember? You're the oldest; Mom and Dad actually have pictures of YOU, anyway. :)
    Erica: I am so motivated, inspired, and overflowing with ideas from today's workshop. So amazing, so worth it. One of those things that has the potential to change your life. If it ever reaches Kansas City, definitely go. I feel so fortunate that I could attend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Minna,
    I can tell you for SURE that you were not switched. You were the best looking baby of the whole bunch and I felt sorry for all the other mothers because of it!

    ReplyDelete