If you would like to set up a photography session, or have any questions, contact me via email: betsy@betsyjophotography.com. Thank you!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 284.

The other evening, I realized I had forgotten to get the mail. As I was ready to walk outside, I noticed some beautiful golden light reflected on the brick in our sunroom. So I grabbed the camera, took some images, and got the mail. Then I turned around to come inside. And what I saw from the outside-looking-in made me happier than golden evening light ever could.






I wasn't happier than golden light just because they were all playing together without arguing. (For once.) Not just because the expressions on Connor's face tend to make me giggle. I wasn't happier than golden light just because I love them with everything I've got. I was also happy because it was Checkers they chose to play. Because it's my game. The game I played constantly with my Grandpa Ryan when I was a little girl. Some of my happiest memories involve those alternating black and red squares. I smiled, and realized how important and long-lasting simple time spent with children can be. And then I realized that I don't do those kinds of things enough. So I opened the door, and sat down to play. I won't say who won. [But I will say that all that Checker playing with Grandpa Ryan paid off.]



"Sweet childish days, that were as long
As twenty days are now."

~William Wordsworth, "To a Butterfly"



The back-story behind the "Day" posts can be found here: Inspire.



~

1 comment:

  1. Day 284 looks like the perfect day!
    -Bethany

    ReplyDelete