If you would like to set up a photography session, or have any questions, contact me via email: betsy@betsyjophotography.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Place.

We all have one. That place where we feel full, where long-past memories merge with current joys. Where we return to again when the days are long and sometimes overwhelming.

When our reserves are empty, and arms are weary, we have a place. When we hit a wall so hard that our face feels bruised, we can go there. It brings us refreshment and makes us smile again.

So while thoughts are many and sometimes compounding, I am going there in my mind.





This is my place. And these are my people.



And I'll just say it again. I love New England. (In the summer, anyway.)



So, where is your place?



"A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness. "

-John Keats, English poet
(1795-1821)

9 comments:

  1. Same place. Same season. Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep me too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with this picture btw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same place, same season...or maybe Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  6. UH this is gorgeous! It looks fake! Who took the picture? My place is Isla Mujeres in Mexico...a small island with my husband.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lookin relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE this picture!!! anywhere with this beautiful family is a great place to be!!!! emh:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Tracey: Thanks! This picture was taken in North Truro on Cape Cod-- and 'who' took it? My tripod! :) Which stays in my vehicle, ya' know, just in case!
    @emh: You make me smile. You were with us there once not so long ago...

    ReplyDelete