If you would like to set up a photography session, or have any questions, contact me via email: betsy@betsyjophotography.com. Thank you!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Quietness

Such a sweet, placid little girl-- so quiet and soft, new and beautiful. I love newborn sessions. It seems a bit silly to think that I can enjoy a job so thoroughly...

Meet sweet little Morgan- a tiny dark-haired girl with a bit of Irish in her. Yes, I am partial to Irish surnames. And though I won't share it here, suffice it to say she has a Gaelic last name that sounds lovely with her first. (A girl after my own heart.)


See? She's pretty happy about it. I was rather pleased to catch a teeny little grin:







While I rarely am able pick out a true favorite from each session, this is definitely mine from Morgan's. There is something about an infant yawn that does a mother's heart good:
















Daddy came home to get in on the session. 'So glad he did, because I got to sneak this next image in when Morgan's parents were trying to get her changed. There's something about a parent's hands holding their firstborn that makes a heart happy.





Kelly, Ken and Morgan- Thank you for welcoming me into your home and trusting me with these priceless memories. You have a lovely little girseach. (You'll have to find a Gaelic dictionary for that one, Ken. :)


"There is always music amongst the trees in the garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it."

-Minnie Aumonier

~~~

A note for expectant mothers: I've had a number of inquiries in regards to scheduling newborn sessions. The best time to photograph babies is between 7-14 days old. They are still sleepy and flexible, and will cooperate through pretty much anything. I recommend scheduling a tentative session before the baby arrives, approximately one week after your proposed due date. If things change, as they often do, I will still have availability to sneak you in somewhere after the baby arrives. For further questions, you may email me at: betsyphoto1@gmail.com

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know who's baby this is, but she is just plain beautiful. I could scoop her up and devour her all day long. Amazing job capturing a beautiful gift her parents were given...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will treasure these always!! This stage does not last long at all.. the photos are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Betsy. Those are beautiful. I love the black and whites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little one is so sweet! I love the pictures! B

    ReplyDelete