If you would like to set up a photography session, or have any questions, contact me via email: betsy@betsyjophotography.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Flexible: (adj) characterized by a ready capability to adapt to new, different or changing requirements.

This was going to be a 'sneak peek' but I changed my mind and made it into a full post-- there are so many that I love, and I couldn't decide on my favorite.

So this shoot had to be completed quickly, because Connecticut weather is fickle, and sometimes causes me great annoyance. (I'm not the most flexible when it comes to this recent weather.) I know, that sounds crabby, but I am ready for some hot, sunny days...

We were fighting to finish before we got poured on-- half of the sky was gray, and half was a beautiful blue with puffy clouds. Let's just say the gray won over. But this family just rolled with it, and was flexible and undeterred by the weather. I heard no complaints from anyone! Not even three little boys. On the upside, though, the clouds make for spectacular color saturation and clarity, so that worked in this beautiful family's favor.

(Also, a big thanks to Rachel for the great location!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's something special about 3 boys. 2 of my 4 sisters have 3 sons each, and I love watching them interact and play, sometimes arguing and getting on each other's nerves, but protecting one another with fierceness when necessary. Brothers are just unique and fun, aren't they? I always wanted an older brother. Well, when I wasn't busy wishing I was an only child. But that's another story for another day...

I love this one-- how the little guy is leaning against his big brother, and seems rather pleased about the whole thing--



This one begged for sepia treatment:









We asked the boys to do a serious shot-- this is not easy for most people. I just said to try to not smile, but don't look angry, either. Methinks they did a wonderful job! Doesn't this have 'Brothers' written all over it?! I really, really love it.


And I had to put some of these boys' eyes in black and white. They're all so clear and piercing.




And I'm sure he's always this angelic. I mean, he was last night-







These next three images are so nice. Trudi and Chris were watching their boys in this next one. They love their boys. It's so obvious in this picture:



Speaking of obvious, there's some love going on here, too:


So pretty-








Trudi, Chris, Kevin, Stephen & Ryan, I enjoyed getting to know you all a little better, and I had fun photographing your family. I'm so happy with how they turned out. You have a beautiful crew! Thanks for choosing me to capture these memories for you.



"Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero."

-- Marc Brown, author of the beloved 'Arthur' book series

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 08, 2009

    What a great looking family! Awesome pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CollersleanJuly 09, 2009

    These are just awesome! The boys are just adorable and you captured that great Betsy. The ones of Chris and Trudi are soooo good! Some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete