If you would like to set up a photography session, or have any questions, contact me via email: betsy@betsyjophotography.com. Thank you!

Monday, July 27, 2009

Aftermath: (n) something that results or follows from an event, esp. one of an unfortunate nature.

This is Cape Cod.

Right after a thunderstorm.

I like the craggy posts.

I like the sway of the rope.

I like the almost invisible ocean.

I like the thick feel of the air.

I like the mist.

And I love the man who is walking in it.




"A low line of shore was visible at first on the right between the movement of the waves and fog, but when we came further it was lost sight of, and nothing could be seen but the mist curling in the rigging, and a small circle of foam."

-John Millington Synge, Irish poet and author from Rathfarnham, County Dublin
(1871-1909)


Fun Little Contest:


*So, in this post I asked if anyone knew the location of the lighthouse in that picture. What I didn't tell my blog readers is that whoever can tell me the (exact) location and name of that lighthouse wins that picture in an 8x12 frame-quality print. To be fair, please email your (one & only) guess to me (betsyphoto1@gmail.com), so that everyone gets a turn without seeing prior answers. I will announce the winner on Friday, July 31st. Happy Researching!

No comments:

Post a Comment