If you would like to set up a photography session, or have any questions, contact me via email: betsy@betsyjophotography.com. Thank you!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ponder: (v) to consider something deeply and thoroughly; meditate.

I realize that Rob and Beth didn't know it then, but this morning while in their home, I found myself swallowing a lump in my throat. The emotion overwhelming me was happiness, though. What a great feeling to hold my little nephew and refer to myself as "Aunt Betsy" when I was "talking" to him. Isn't it amazing how you can love someone so much, who isn't even really your own?

I had to think back on the last ten years I've known Rob as my brother-in-law; how much time has changed! I'm thankful that he's been blessed with a wonderful wife and sweet son. Beth is such a loving Mommy; the bond she and Gavin have is evident in these images. And if that little boy doesn't have his Daddy wrapped around his finger already! Rob is like the brother I never had, and although I have plenty of sisters, (!) I'd still claim Beth as my own.

Gavin is such a little honey. He is so content and placid. (The only time he cried was when Aunt Betsy touched him with her cold hands!) A healthy little baby, Gavin was born with a cleft lip and palate for which he'll have multiple surgeries over the coming weeks and months. Seeing Gavin today with his mom and dad, I think he's going to do splendidly. I don't know anyone more capable for the road ahead than Gavin's parents. He is one well-loved little boy.

Thanks for having me in this morning, Beth & 'Robear'. It was memorable.


Enjoy the slideshow below.

No comments:

Post a Comment